Brevity, 2016, Guernica, 2016 Creator Magazine, 2015, Stonecutter Journal, A Public Space Literary Journal, Teachers and Writers Magazine, 2015, The Feminist Wire, 2012, Travel Noire, Hemisphere Magazine, 2010, AFAR Travel, 2010
Columbia University, School of the Arts Graduate Program, Creative Writing Division, New York, NY, Master of Fine Arts, May 2016
University of Houston, Advertising and Studio Art, School of Communications, Houston, TX, Bachelor of Arts, December 2010
September 2016-New Museum- IdeasCity Fellow- Athens Greece
- Document, interview, research and present findings on the current state of the refugee crisis and economic crisis in Athens, Greece to the local municipality, citizens and government.
- Work along side other artist, designers, and architects from around the world to provoke thoughtful and knowledgeable ideas about ethical redevelopment.
August 2014 - Present Poetry advisor and Juror: Alliance for Young Artists & Writers, NYC, NY
- Teach fundamentals of composition and creative writing techniques to sophomore and senior level students as they prepare for college admission
- Teach how to analyze and evaluate literary style readings
- Teach the construction and organization of academic style papers required for school assignments
- Create assignments based on the needs and challenges of the student’s writing
- Judge for National Annual Junior Scholastic Award which is comprised of some of America’s most talented young literary writers
May 2015 - Present Contributor at Creator Magazine for WeWork, New York, NY
- Solicit, select, edit, and write small business profiles
- Interview local small business owners in New York City
2014 - 2015 Traveled the World writing Freelance for numerous publications such as AFAR and Hemisphere Magazine.
January 2011 - August 2013 Communications Director at Roxell Richards & Associates Law
Firm, Houston, TX
- Write press releases for events, client performances, and many other social engagements
- Speech writing for speaking engagements, panel preparation, seminars, and conferences
- Curate website content as well media materials
- Manage press contacts database as well as maintaining vital relationships